Authors » Selection Criteria
Some papers are better suited for poster presentation, others for oral presentation. Authors may indicate a preference for poster presentation on the paper submission form; otherwise, all abstracts will be considered for both oral and poster sessions.
The Technical Program Committee will select abstracts according to how well they address the following questions:
- What are the significant new accomplishments? State unambiguously whether devices have been fabricated, experimental results obtained, and provide details.
- What is new in relation to previous work? Provide references to relevant literature (including publications by the author's group).
- What is the goal or motivation of the work?
- What is the impact or significance of the results to the Power MEMS field?
Authors should not submit work that has already been presented at another conference or that has been published in other literature. In the text and through reference to the literature, authors should clearly delineate how the submitted work differs from other recent work by the same research group, or by other groups. Contributed papers will be considered for either oral or poster presentation unless the authors specifically request the poster session.
Reasons Abstracts are not accepted:
- Was not submitted to the PowerMEMS 2021 Conference website by deadline to send to the reviewers
- Prior Publication
- Didn't show application was working
- Didn't document data, details or measurement or had some relevant info missing
- Data too generic or not enough device or process characterization
- Results incomplete and inconclusive and/or no verification
- Unclear concept of device, or what is "new" from your previous work or others
- Poor images and unclear pictures or no picture of device
- Paper acting as a commercial instead of displaying research
- Insufficient technical impact
- Wrong meeting for this topic - better suited for a different meeting
- Didn't reference previous known work or publications